What was the objective?
The development was requested by ISOVER – one of the divisions of the French corporation Saint-Gobain (SG). ISOVER is a leading producer of insulation materials with sales and production facilities across the world. In the Czech Republic, it has been in the number one position in the thermal insulation products sector and offers the widest portfolio of thermal, acoustic and fire insulation of the highest quality. The sale of ISOVER brand products in the Czech Republic is carried out through a network of contracted distributors, but as part of sales support and brand awareness strategy it also wants to be in direct contact with the applicators (realisation companies), which purchase their material from distributors. For this purpose it has a loyalty program, which allows enrolled applicators to collect points for their product orders and their participation in product training. These points can be exchanged for material rewards or further training and certifications. The program was originally run by an external supplier. Its underlying information system was not under SG’s ownership Changes to this system were cumbersome and expensive and the portfolio of potential rewards was limited by the product catalogue of the supplier. The goal was to create an online information system, which could be utilized by one or more divisions of SG and would be fully under its administration in terms of functionality and contents.
Major requirements from the new system:
- Development of a web client-server application with a central database server.
- Client ownership of the system.
- Scalability – simple to start or discontinue participation of a company division.
- Option to register the applicators under one or more divisions and manage them separately.
- Multi-level approval process, including escalations.
- Option to add individual access rights to applicators’ employees, depending on the type of cooperation.
- Integration and data synchronisation with the currently used clients CRM system Zoho.
- Automatic update of clients product catalogue.
- Integration with sales systems of the distributors and automating data loading using data links.
- Integration of selected product categories from the selected rewards supplier (ALZA.cz).
- Management of orders and applicators point accounts by administrators, without the need for developer involvement.
- Users from among the applicators can see the status of their accounts and can directly order a selected reward.
- Built-in control mechanisms.
- Modern design aligned with the client’s brand communication (based on graphic design supplied by the client), including full responsivity.
Unlike with common licensed solutions, the client gets full control over the system (including ownership of the source code) and has the option to align it with its needs (including e.g. individual user settings or simple scaling) and campaigns. The Frontend module processes all user interactions as a separate web application. The application is built on modern technologies – ASP.NET Core 2.2, Entity Framework Core is used to access the MS SQL DB, data validation is done using Fluent Validation. The system is divided into tables which are displayed in a grid using DataTables. Data import is done using XML, which is then processed by Webservices. The API validates required data (e.g. the business ID of the applicator) from the client’s Zoho CRM system.
Thanks to automatic data flows from partners using APIs, the client saves time that was originally needed to manually input and process the sales data. Integration with the eshop of a wholesale supplier of rewards allows the sales price to decrease and thus saves costs of running the program.
ASP.NET MVC 6
ASP.NET Core 2.2
ASP.NET Boilerplate Web Application Framework
Entity Framework Core
MS SQL Server 2017
jQuery, Bootstrap, DataTables
Lucie Remeňová, Project Manager for ISOVER CZ